PLAIN CONCEPTS Group is committed to protecting your privacy and to complying with the legislation on personal data protection, specifically with the General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter, GDPR) and the personal data protection regulation applicable in each country where the different companies of the PLAIN CONCEPTS Group are established.
The processing of personal data carried out by PLAIN CONCEPTS, will be done in accordance with the principles of loyalty, lawfulness, appropriateness, and transparency, always in accordance with specific, explicit, and legitimate purposes. PLAIN CONCEPTS undertakes to keep your data up to date and to keep them only for the time necessary to fulfil the purposes of the processing.
This website is property of PLAIN CONCEPTS S.L.U. (hereinafter “PLAIN CONCEPTS”), Spanish entity established in Spain (State belonging to the European Union and The European Economic Area), responsible of the processing of personal data collected through this website. You can consult the information relating to the entity that manages the website by accessing the link Legal Notice which is incorporated in the footer of the web page.
The Controller of the processing is PLAIN CONCEPTS, S.L.U. (Company belonging to PLAIN CONCEPTS Group) with CIF: B24532178 and established in C/Ledesma 10 bis 3º, 48001-Bilbao (Spain).
We also inform you that PLAIN CONCEPTS has a designated Data Protection Officer (hereinafter DPO), who can be contacted through the address firstname.lastname@example.org
The personal data processed by PLAIN CONCEPTS are:
- Those that you provide to us by completing the forms you fill in or through the different email accounts made available on the website for contact with Plain Concepts.
- The data you provide for your registration to the Newsletter service. Plain Concepts will process only the personal data necessary to fulfil the purposes of registration for the service. These data are your name and email address.
- The data that you may provide in each of the forms where your personal data is collected (e.g. Job offers, Events or Complaints Channel). In each of these forms you will find specific information about the necessary data, the purposes for which they will be used, the third parties to whom, if applicable, they may be transferred, the legitimacy of the processing, etc.
PLAIN CONCEPTS will process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Answer and attend to any queries or request you may have.
- Manage your subscription to the Plain Concepts Newsletter, and therefore, send you by electronic means information of interest about congresses, events, projects, activities, news, and any other information of interest about Plain Concepts.
- To send commercial communications.
- To use them for any other purpose required or permitted by applicable legislation or when you have given your express consent.
The legal basis in accordance with the article 6 RGPD for the processing of your personal data is as follows:
- Compliance with a legal obligation (art. 6.1 c) RGPD): some processing of your personal data may be processed in compliance with a legal obligation that are applicable to Plain Concepts. When this occur, you will be informed about the details of the processing and also of the law requiring the specific processing.
- Legitimate interest of Plain Concepts (art. 6.1 f) RGPD): Plain Concepts may have a legitimate interest in processing your data, to analyse the usability of the website, as well as your satisfaction, as this may be of benefit to you.
Your personal data may be transferred to the following groups:
- Service suppliers: if necessary, Plain Concepts may transfer your personal data to the appropriate supplier for the development and implementation of the purposes of processing. In these cases, Plain Concepts, as the data Controller, has signed the confidentiality and data processing contracts required by current legislation.
- Companies belonging to Plain Concepts Group: It is possible that your data may be transferred to one of the companies of the Group for internal administration purposes or to provide specific services necessary for the development and execution of the processing.
Data will be kept until the subject does not exercise her/his right to erasure or for the time necessary to maintain the purpose of the processing. However, the data will be kept for the corresponding term to comply with legal obligations, during the applicable limitation periods to meet possible liabilities arising from the processing. In this case, data will be kept duly blocked until the limitation period of the possible legal liabilities associated with the processing has elapsed. In the case that they are erased, appropriate security measures shall be applied to ensure their destruction.
It may be necessary for the sending of the Newsletter to transfer some data to non-European countries (which you consent to by accepting this Policy) such as the USA where data protection laws may be less stringent than in the EU.
Specifically, data transfers to third countries (USA and Australia) are foreseen when using the services of the provider ACTIVECAMPAIGN, LLC, to carry out commercial communications and email marketing campaigns. However, this company has incorporated Standard Contractual Clauses (SCC) in the contracts signed between the parties, in accordance with European regulations, which allow for secure processing in accordance with current data protection regulations.
Some of the group companies are established outside the European Economic Area, which entails an international transfer of data. Specifically, to the following group companies:
- Plain Concepts Australia PTD Ltd. (Australia)
- Plain Concepts UK Ltd. (United Kingdom)
- Plain Concepts Corp Inc. (USA)
The data subject (you) may exercise your rights under the current data protection legislation:
- Right of access: you have the right to obtain from the Controller confirmation as to whether your personal data are being processed, are being transferred to a third country or to an international organisation.
- Right to rectification of the wrong or inaccurate data: you have the right to obtain, without undue delay from the Controller, the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you. Having regard to the purpose of the processing, you shall have the right to have incomplete personal data supplemented, including by means of an additional statement.
- Right to erasure or cancellation: you have the right to obtain the erasure of your personal data without undue delay when:
- The data are no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was collected.
- The data are out of date.
- You withdraw your consent to the processing. This withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of the processing previously carried out.
- The data have been used unlawfully.
- Right to data portability: you have the right to have your data transferred by he Controller to another Controller of the same data subject, in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, where the processing is carried out by automated means.
- Right to restriction of the processing: in certain circumstances, you may request the restriction of the processing of your data, in which case the data will only be kept for the purpose of pursuing or defending claims.
- Right to object: in certain circumstances and for reasons relating to your situation. In this case, PLAIN CONCEPTS will stop processing such personal data except compelling legitimate reasons, or the exercise or defence of possible claims.
You will exercise your rights sending an email to email@example.com, indicating the reason for your request and the right you wish to exercise. If we consider it necessary to identify you, we may request a copy of a document proving your identity. You may also send a communication to the Data Protection Officer by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
In those cases where you feel that your rights concerning the protection of your personal data have been violated, where you haven’t obtained satisfaction in the exercise of your rights, you may lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Supervisory Authority, specifically with the Spanish Data Protection Agency, trough its website: www.aepd.es
As the Plain Concepts Group processes data in different EU Member States, its main point of contact may be a Supervisory Authority in another EU Member State, whose contact details can be found at the following link: https://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
Plain Concepts websites may contain links to other websites, which we may consider to be useful to you. However, Plain Concepts is not responsible for the content posted on such websites, nor for the privacy policies of such websites. Plain Concepts recommends that you carefully review the Privacy Policies before using these websites to ensure that you are comfortable with the information that is collected.
This website is not intended for minors in accordance with current applicable legislation. Parents, guardians, or legal representatives shall be solely responsible for all acts carried out on this website by minors in their care, including the completion of forms with the personal data of such minors and the ticking, where appropriate, of the boxes that accompany them.
Plain Concepts applies all the required security measures by the personal data protection regulations, to protect your rights and freedoms. Plain Concepts applies the necessary measures to ensure the confidentiality of personal data of all persons under its responsibility.
1. WHO IS THE CONTROLLER OF THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
2. WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE PROCESS AND HOW DO WE OBTAIN THEM?
The personal data processed by PLAIN CONCEPTS is the data you provide when you fill in the registration form or application form for the event or in the framework of any other PLAIN CONCEPTS event in which you have participated. If applicable, PLAIN CONCEPTS will process your image and/or your voice that appears in the photographs or videos taken during the event. PLAIN CONCEPTS can also process the data relating to disabilities or food allergies that you may submit to PLAIN CONCEPTS according to the specific characteristics of the event and in order toensure a satisfactory service.
3. FOR WHAT PURPOSE DO WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
PLAIN CONCEPTS will process tour personal data for the following purposes:
a) Inscription and sending of the invitation to the event, and where appropriate, sending of
the satisfaction survey.
b) Management of your involvement, participation or collaboration in the event.
c) Access control at the place where the event take place.
d) With the purpose to promotion PLAIN CONCEPTS brand, the creation and/or editing of
photographs and videos taken during the event for subsequent broadcasting in legal
media and on PLAIN CONCEPTS social media profiles.
4. WHICH IS THE LEGITIMATION FOR THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
The legal basis in accordance with the article 6 GDPR for the processing of your personal data is as follows:
For the purposes mentioned in letters a), b) and c) above, the legal basis is the legitimate interests of PLAIN CONCEPTS (art. 6.1 f) GDPR), for the appropriate management of your participation and attendance to the event you have applied, to ensure the security of the facilities where the events take place and, where appropriate, to know the degree of satisfaction of the participants.
For the gathering of images taken during the event, letter d) of the previous paragraph we differentiate:
− General shots: the legal basis is the legitimate interest of PLAIN CONCEPTS (art. 6.1 f) GDPR), for the advertising and promotion of the PLAIN CONCEPTS brand.
− Close-ups: (where the person can be directly recognised): the legal basis is your consent to attend the event. With your attendance you will be authorizing the transfer of your image rights free of charge, for use in all known, present, or future legal media and without geographical limitation. These close-ups may be taken directly by the PLAIN CONCEPTS team or by contracted third parties.
5. TO WHOM WILL YOUR DATA BE COMMUNICATED?
Your personal data may be communicated to the following groups:
a) Companies of the PLAIN CONCEPTS Group: in some cases, your personal data will be communicated to other companies of the PLAIN CONCEPTS Group for internal administration purposes if the event is of an international nature and requires the participation of all or some of the companies of the group.
Some of the group’s companies are located outside the European Economic Area (EEA), which entails an international data transfer. Some of these countries don’ have an adequate level of personal data protection (the USA and Australia) and such transfers may be a risk to your privacy. Therefore, with your registration or, if applicable, with the purchase of the ticket and/or your participation in the event, you are accepting and giving your explicit consent for the transfers to be made to the aforementioned two countries where the companies of the group are located and always in accordance with the purposes described above.
Therefore, international data transfers to the following companies of the group are foreseen:
- Plain Concepts Australia PTD LTD (Australia).
- Plain Concepts UK LTD (United Kingdom).
- Plain Concepts CORP INC (USA).
b) Sponsors/Partners: some events may be organised jointly with other companies in the sector with which there is a collaboration agreement and there may be a transfer of attendees’ data to these companies or organisations for the purpose of providing information about the products or services they provide, as well as to carry out marketing activities related to them.
For this reason, you will be informed in advance of such transfers and if there are international transfers of data to third countries that lack adequate guarantees, requesting your explicit consent to carry them out.
c) Companies or organizations directly related to the Controller: your data may be communicated to external services providers that are directly related to PLAIN CONCEPTS, which are necessaries for the organisation and development of the event,such a security companies, owners of the venues or spaces where the event takes place, catering services, companies in charge of issuing accreditations, photography, and video companies…etc.
With all of these companies (processors) PLAIN CONCEPTS has signed the corresponding contracts for the processing of personal data, which specific obligations in terms of security and purpose s of the processing. In the event that one of these companies is located outside the European Economic Area and there is an international transfer of data to a third country which, in some cases, involves certain risks to your privacy due to lack of an adequacy decision ad adequate safeguards, PLAIN CONCEPTS will ensure that appropriate measures are in force to ensure that your data is protected in the country and organisation of destination country and organisation in the same or similar terms to those foreseen I the European regulations.
d) EVENTBRITE: PLAIN CONCEPTS uses Eventbrite for whole management process, free acquisition, and purchase of tickets for the events. The processing of your personal data through this platform will be carried out in accordance with the Eventbrite’s Privacy
Policy which you can consult in the following link:
Eventbrite will be the processor of your personal data and is subject to a data processing agreement (DPA), which is incorporated in the term and conditions of the service purchased by PLAIN CONCEPTS.
This agreement includes Eventbrite’s legal obligations as processor of the personal data in accordance with the GDPR, that can be viewed at the following link:
Eventbrite stores personal data in the United States, thus resulting in an international transfer of data to a third country outside the European Economic Area. To ensure that the personal data can be legally transferred, Eventbrite agrees that it will be bound by the Standard contractual Clauses (“STCs”) issued pursuant to Commission Implementing Decision (EU) 2021/194 of 4 June 2021. Eventbrite has signed such clauses which can be consult at the following link: https://cdn.evbstatic.com/s3-s3/static/images/en_US/legal_policies/Eventbrite_Organizer_Standard_Contractual_Cl
PLAIN CONCEPTS has also signed Eventbrite’s STCs for evidence of proof and to ensure that the international transfer takes place in strict compliance with the GDPR. You can consult PLAIN CONCEPTS at any time to find out about the specific safeguards that have been put in place for the protection of your personal data.
6. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
PLAIN CONCEPTS will keep your personal data for the management and access to the event until the end of the same. Your image and voice will be kept until you exercise your right of deletion or withdraw your consent in accordance with section 4 above.
Nevertheless, the data will be kept for the corresponding period to comply with legal obligations and during the applicable prescription periods to deal with possible liabilities arising from the processing. In this case, the data will be kept duly blocked until the prescription period of the possible legal liabilities associated with the processing has elapsed.
7. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
You can exercise your rights under current data protection regulations (access, rectification and deletion of your data, data portability, limitation or opposition to their processing, the right no to be subject to automate decisions, as well as the right to obtain clear and transparent information on the processing of data), you may send a communication by e-mail to the address: email@example.com attaching a copy of your National Identity Document or equivalent, or
send a communication to the Data Protection Delegate at the e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.You also have the right to make a reclamation to the Spanish Data Protection Agency via its website www.aepd.es.