Plain Concepts certified as a Silver Mixed Reality Partner
Within our positioning as a reference partner in the development of Augmented and Virtual Reality solutions, from Plain Concepts we are very proud to be able to announce a new certification by Microsoft: Plain Concepts becomes Silver Mixed Reality Partner!
This is a further step towards the excellence and spirit of improvement that characterizes us. But was does this recognition exactly entail?
What does it mean to be a Silver Mixed Reality Partner?
Being certified as a Silver Mixed Reality Partner is the recognition of the hard work our research team does day after day. Now we open the door to an even larger and outstanding developer community in the field of Mixed Reality, as well as commercial, marketing, development, and engineering tools and benefits.
MRPP partners are recognized for successfully helping clients in the manufacturing, health, retail, education, and many other industries accelerate their digital transformation efforts and improve business impact.
To be eligible for this program, three requirements must be met:
- Build Azure solutions: Design, develop and deploy Azure-based mixed reality solutions that help customers accelerate their digital transformation using mixed reality technologies.
- Drive impact: Have documented the quantitative business impact as well as qualitative results of mixed reality deployments.
- Lead innovation: Create innovative commercial solutions across both Microsoft HoloLens and third-party platforms such as iOS and Android-based mobile devices and immersive VR headsets.
Mixed Reality Partner Program
What the Mixed Reality Partner program aims to do is to enable solution providers, system integrators, and digital agencies to create and implement innovative industry solutions by providing them with preparedness resources, sales, and marketing, as well as incentives to achieve business results.
To achieve this, 4 main objectives have been set:
- Demonstrate business impact
- Bring Azure-based mixed reality solutions to market
- Grow the most advanced partner base
- Foster best-practice sharing within the community
Within the Mixed Reality Partners program, we find three levels: member, silver, and gold, successively. Category changes are reviewed quarterly or twice a year, depending on the level you are at.
Membership is the most basic level and provides access to more limited benefits, such as attendance at webinars and updates, access to mixed-reality marketing assets, and usage guidance.
Silver and Gold share many requirements and criteria for accessing these categories, but what sets them apart is the number of annual sales of HoloLens 2 devices or influenced sales.
Benefits of being an MRPP
Receiving this certification opens up the possibility of accessing a wide range of possibilities, such as the following:
- Microsoft Mixed Reality Partner community priority attendance (webinars/events)
- Access to MRPP community Teams site and content
- Free access to mixed reality online training
- Logo on MR partner finder on HoloLens.com
- Partner showcase and solution catalog entry on HoloLens.com
- Microsoft Partner | Mixed Reality logo for marketing/branding use
- Eligibility for rebate on HoloLens device sales (via DMP Programme)
- Eligibility to resell Dynamics 365 offers (e.g. HL2 + RA)
Engineering and Support Resources
- Azure migration support and Azure application consultation
- Eligibility for access to Private Preview software and device dev kits (early product onboarding)