Audit Holosen 4.0: Intelligent auditing using mixed reality
In addition to requiring periodic maintenance and revision to ensure their optimal operation, energy distribution or generation infrastructures are usually located quite far away from important urban centers. For this reason, it is usually necessary to send specialized personnel to perform on-site evaluations, with the additional factor that these operations involve a high risk when working with high voltage.
In addition, many of the systems currently used for these inspections are not very well developed, since the most advanced ones perform a simple verification through geopositioned photos uploaded by an operator.
Therefore, the energy sector needed an intelligent audit assistance tool that would facilitate the control of the execution of maintenance and technical inspection tasks using new mixed reality and sensorization technologies.
Finally, the sensory part has been developed, where wearable sensors have been applied in order to take into consideration factors such as stress level and to alert of its potential incidence.
The project responds to the change of working method in the way inspections and maintenance are carried out in critical infrastructures, achieving great advantages such as problem solving to verify the status of operations, new ways of interaction with the virtual world, detection and prediction of error causes, data reading, access to a layer of visual information, increased reliability and cost savings, reduction of accident rates, etc.
- Full project title: Intelligent auditing in electrical maintenance and inspection using new methods of mixed reality and sensorization.
- Project file code: AEI-010500-2021b-31
- Project start and end date: 11/22/2021-08/21/2022
- Presupuesto: 277,906 euros
- Project funding agencies: Ministry of Industry, Tourism, and Trade of the Government of Spain, AEI Cluster, Next Generation Program of the European Union, and Recovery, Transformation, and Resilience Plan.