We are global AI finalists and the most awarded in Spain in the Microsoft Partner of the Year 2022!
We are very excited to share that Microsoft has recognized Plain Concepts as a finalist in the 2022 Global AI Partner of the Year category.
The selection is made from a pool of over 3900 nominations from more than 100 countries around the world, and Plain Concepts has been chosen among the finalists thanks to our outstanding work in providing the best solutions and services to our customers.
A year of hard work has been rewarded with awards like this that give us even more strength to keep improving. Last year we reached the final of Partner of the Year Spain and the Netherlands, and we were recognized as the best Spanish partner in AI and Social Impact.
In 2022 we go one step further and reach a global level, with three more awards granted during the Microsoft Inspire 2022 Spain: Security, Social Impact, and Partner Pledge Diversity and Inclusion. In addition, we are also finalists in the AI category, making us the most awarded partner of the year!
Artificial Intelligence Partner of the Year
This award recognizes the best Microsoft partner of the year in designing and developing customer-centric solutions and using Azure AI. Our AI applications have focused on creating “smart” solutions and applying this technology in various fields such as social, medical, industrial, retail, etc.
This year we submitted several entries in the Artificial Intelligence category, which have earned us this position:
- A project that facilitates the customized production of sports broadcasts through the use of Cognitive Services, Custom Vision, and Computer Vision. It has been possible to recognize and tag different types of content, such as different audiovisual shots, key moments of the broadcast, error detection, athlete tracking, etc.
- A platform that detects, tracks, and profiles consumer behavior with Azure IoT, Deep Learning models, and Cognitive Services, analyzing emotions in a retail establishment.
- A solution based on Machine Learning, cognitive services, and bots, which is applied to the recruitment process, resume analysis and generates a better user experience in job applications.
This award is excellent international recognition, as we are the first Spanish company to win it, as well as giving the Plain Concepts brand prestige that will help us reinforce the trust with our current customers and attract new ones.
And it has also been at the Spanish level, with the recognition of being finalists in the category of national Artificial Intelligence.
Partner of the Year in Security
We have continued collaborating with Microsoft, leading the implementation of security policies, solutions, and practices for all our customers. Thanks to this, we have also been responsible for developing the technical security guides and scripts for the deployment of Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Azure for the National Cryptologic Center (CCN-CERT), an organization attached to the National Intelligence Center (CNI).
The publication of these technical guides for deploying Microsoft services makes it easier for CCN-CERT IT staff to comply with the National Security Scheme (ENS) to guarantee the IT and information security of the organizations, entities, and institutions dependent on the Spanish Public Administrations. This has accredited us as an Implementing Entity of CCN-STIC Guides, a unique recognition in the field of cybersecurity, which is now also rewarded with a Partner of the Year award.
Partner of the Year Partner Pledge Diversity and Inclusion
In our commitment to support the role of technology as a transformative tool to change and improve society, we joined the Microsoft Partner Pledge to promote digital, diverse, ethical, and sustainable skills.
For this reason, over the last few years, we have multiplied our initiatives focused on diversity and inclusion, such as:
- Supporting the “Woman for Technical Talks” in its two editions as a Platinum sponsor and with the participation of our colleague María Soto.
- Created the Diversity and Inclusion Committee within Plain Concepts, which analyzes the company’s state, proposes improvements and has organized actions such as internal training, promoting diversity in the teams, and supporting visibility in the tech sector.
- We joined REDI (Business Network for Diversity and LGTBI Inclusion) to support inclusive leadership.
- We organized the “Lovelace Tech” event, an initiative to listen to women in the technology field and which has led to the Lovelace Tech Scholarships, thanks to which two women have joined our team.
- And many more.
Partner of the Year Social Impact
We are committed to corporate social responsibility and strive to transform the society around us with innovative solutions that focus on improving people’s lives. That is why, when the Madrid City Council contacted us, we immediately set out to altruistically carry out a project that was so necessary for our elderly.
This is the origin of “Madrid te acompaña,” an app that connects people who need it most with volunteers who can help them. With this, we try to alleviate one of the biggest problems of the most adult group, such as loneliness, with a special focus on usability and ease of use, adapted to their needs.
The application has already had more than 5,000 downloads, demonstrating the importance of putting technology in people’s service.
We would also like to congratulate the other winners and finalists of these awards and thank Microsoft for recognizing the great work of the Plain Concepts team. We look forward to the Microsoft Inspire 2023!