As Duende reference partners, we provide consulting, development and support services to build identity and control solutions for your modern applications.
We take care of integrating the knowledge and what is necessary to guarantee results through a team of specialists who offer the flexibility, knowledge, and experience necessary to provide real business results with Duende products.
We provide consulting and support services for Duende products, designed to provide a common way to authenticate requests to all of your applications, whether they’re web, native, mobile, or API endpoints.
- Assessment, Advice, and Guidance.
- Security architecture.
- Code review and improvement.
- Security protocol training.
- Proof of concept development.
- Implementation of Duende IdentityServer.
- Implementation of identity management products.
- Complete production-ready securised solutions.
- Early response for issues.
- Health check of deployment.
- Authentication & API AccessAuthentication is needed when an application needs to know the identity of the user. Typically applications manage data on behalf of the user and must ensure access only to the allowed resources.
OpenID Connect is the newest and most widely deployed authentication protocol. Built for mobile application scenarios right from the start and designed to be API friendly, it is considered to be the future since it has the most potential for modern applications.
Applications communicate with APIs using the application identity, or delegating the user’s identity. Sometimes both methods need to be combined. OAuth2 is a protocol that allows applications to request access tokens from a security token service and use them to communicate with APIs. This delegation reduces complexity since authentication and authorization can be centralized.
- OpenID Connect and OAuth 2.0 – CombinedOpenID Connect is an extension on top of OAuth 2.0. The two fundamental security concerns, authentication and API access are combined into a single protocol, often with a single round trip to the security token service.
Duende IdentityServer implements these two protocols and is highly optimized to solve the typical security problems of today’s mobile, native, and web applications. It combines OpenID Connect and OAuth 2.0 as the best approach to secure modern applications for the foreseeable future.
- How Duende IdentityServer can help – MiddelwareMulti-platform, multi-client, and highly-mobile users bring a new set of challenges, so the approaches of the past are no longer appropriate for modern applications.
Any application has exposed functionality that needs to be secured against unauthorized use. This typically requires authenticating the user requesting a resource using one of several common protocols such as SAML2p, WS-Fed, or OpenID Connect. Communicating with APIs typically uses the OAuth2 protocol and its support for security tokens.
Separating these critical cross-cutting security concerns and their implementation details from applications themselves ensures consistency and improves security and maintainability. Outsourcing these concerns to a dedicated product like Duende helps applications with the requirement to solve these problems.
- Add spec-compliant OpenID Connect and OAuth 2.0 endpoints to an ASP.NET Core hostDuende gives you full control and implementation capabilities over your UI, UX, any business logic, and data.
It allows your ASP.NET Core website to act as an OpenID Provider and OAuth authorization server, offering both Single Sign-On (SSO) and API protection out of the box. Duende takes care of the protocol support, while leaving user authentication up to the developer.
With Duende IdentityServer, customizing your workflows is not an afterthought since it allows adapting to your workflows and business rules without having to find complicated workarounds.